Orange Aromatherapy for Stress And Anxiety
Sign up for NutritionFacts.org’s free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger’s new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
DESCRIPTION: The smell of sweet orange important oil may have anxiety-reducing residential or commercial properties without the possibly addictive, sedating, and negative effects of Valium-type benzodiazepine drugs.
Lavender might also help for both anxiety (Lavender for Generalized Stress and anxiety Disorder, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lavender-for-generalized-anxiety-disorder/) and migraines (Lavender for Migraine Headaches, http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lavender-for-migraine-headaches/).
I believe the other aromathery-related video is Awaken and Smell the Saffron, though I have others on natural methods do lower anxiety, consisting of:
– Improving State Of Mind Through Diet plan (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/improving-mood-through-diet/).
– Gut Feelings: Probiotics and Mental Health (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/gut-feelings-probiotics-and-mental-health/).
– The Best Method to Boost Serotonin (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-way-to-boost-serotonin/).
– Plant-based Diet and State of mind (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diet-mood/).
– Herbal Tea Update Rooibos Nettle (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/herbal-tea-update-rooibos-nettle/).
Natural, however, does not always imply safe. See, for example:.
– Plant-Based Bioidentical Hormones (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-bioidentical-hormones/).
– The Wrong Way to Boost Serotonin (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-wrong-way-to-boost-serotonin/).
– Chamomile Tea May Not Be Safe During Pregnancy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/chamomile-tea-may-not-be-safe-during-pregnancy/).
– Some Dietary Supplements May Be More Than a Waste of Cash (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/some-dietary-supplements-may-be-more-than-a-waste-of-money/).
– Some Ayurvedic Medicine Worse Than Lead Paint Exposure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/some-ayurvedic-medicine-worse-than-lead-paint-exposure/).
Of course eating citrus is great too! I have videos on Decreasing Muscle Fatigue With Citrus (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reducing-muscle-fatigue-with-citrus/) and Keeping Your Hands Warm With Citrus (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/keeping-your-hands-warm-with-citrus/), however Tell Your Doctor If You Consume Grapefruit (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/tell-your-doctor-if-you-eat-grapefruit/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/orange-aromatherapy-for-anxiety/ and he’ll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Timpo and Ankara by means of Wikimedia Commons, and Dr. N. Jithendran. Thanks to Ellen Reid for her image-finding knowledge, and Jeff Thomas for his Keynote help.
– Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
– Contribute: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate.
– Podcast: https://nutritionfacts.org/audio.
– Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org.
– Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts.
– Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org.
– Books (consisting of the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books.
– Store: https://drgreger.org.